Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Poll

How many of us have an Alexa TV device as the PRIMARY TV in the home?

HD FireTV Stick with Alexa
2 (66.7%)
4K FireTV with Alexa
0 (0%)
Element FireTV Edition (all sizes)
1 (33.3%)
Westinghouse FireTV Edition (all sizes)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Alexa and FireTV's

Alexa and FireTV's
« on: January 25, 2018, 04:47:14 pm »
The real question is are there enough users with these devices to support a separate forum for just this category of devices?  As things stand now as user has to hunt thru all of the various forums looking for TV specific information.

Re: Alexa and FireTV's
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:00:07 am »
Perhaps there is a need for a specific forum.  Although, asking Alexa to do some simple task on a Fire TV, is kind of a no-brainer, there are more and more complicated and involved tasks already that require a focus on Alexa and the Fire TV.

For example, incorporating the Alexa Plex skill to work seamlessly with ALexa commands to Plex app on FireTV to play one's own home-stored media on the Fire TV.  This is very cool and handy, and I have it basically working, but I have hit some snags where I need help.  I currently am involved in a discussion about this on the forum.  I will give you the link so you see an example and maybe are able to pitch in. As you read it, you will see a link by me asking for help last month that no one replied to. If you click on that link and can help, I would appreciate it.

http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,3463.0.html