Echo & Alexa Forums

WiFi change and Echo (Gen 1 UK) - cant get Radio stations any more (TuneIn)

Grutttman

Upgraded my WiFi last week from a NetGear Nighthawk 7000 to a Google WiFi mesh. Prior to the upgrade I tested throughput to each location and this device was operating on 5Ghz and getting ~70Mbps.  Since Google WiFi was installed the same location gets ~200Mbps and the device is still connected at 5Ghz. I'm sure that 200Mbps is sufficient for audio streaming ;-)

Prior to the upgrade we could listen to any radio station on TuneIn (BBC Radio 1/2/4, Classic FM) but now the Echo acknowledges the request and then says the "<Radio station name> on TuneIn is not available".

All other operations on this Echo are fine (time, alarms, my updates, questions are answered, jokes are told!).

This is one of 6 Echo devices (all others are Gen 1 UK 'Dots'), and all other devices are working fine.

I have reset the WiFi several times to no avail (setup mode, reset WiFi).

Last night I did a factory reset (button on bottom) and this was successful, all radio stations were fine....until this morning where we are back to square 1 again.

Anyone seen this?  Everything was fine until I 'improved' my WiFi setup and now this one device is unusable (music is 98% of what we use Alexa for on this device).