Echo & Alexa Forums

How do you play a song from a website in Amazon Echo

getmagicnow

How do you play a song from a website in Amazon Echo
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:38:57 am »
Hello all,

I was wondering if you can help me find someone or a team who can write a script to play the songs from Sedona.com every morning in my Amazon Echo. I don't think the file is downloadable, you have to play the song from the site. I just need leads on where to go in order to find the person/s who can do this. What do you suggest?

Many thanks everyone.

mike27oct

Re: How do you play a song from a website in Amazon Echo
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:22:58 pm »
You can play any music (or song) from any website by going to the website in your mobile device's browser, via Bluetooth.  You get the mobile device and Echo BT to pair, then play your music.  Instructions for using BT are all over the forums here.

getmagicnow

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 02:12:40 am »
Hey thanks for the reply!

I'm actually looking to have the videos play automatically at 7 AM every morning. That's why my first go to was a script. Is this doable w/o having to code it though? I wouldn't like to set it up every time. Thanks!

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:28:13 am »
Videos?  I assume one can play the audio from a video via Bluetooth to Echo.  Use your phone or tablet and see how it works.  Getting a script to do this is very doubtful I would imagine. Good luck with it.

Preset your phone or tablet's browser before bedtime, then in morning wake up your mobile device, go to your preset page and hit the play button.

getmagicnow

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 05:08:16 am »
It can be a little tricky indeed. Would you happen to know which language Alexa was built in?

getmagicnow

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 05:09:08 am »
Really looking to hire someone who can do this.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 05:16:19 am »
"Hire" as in pay someone? That could get very expensive.
-Paul.

getmagicnow

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 09:27:32 am »
Can you ballpark a price? And do you know anyone who can do that?  ;)

mike27oct

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 02:42:22 pm »
Here is a ballpark price to start with:  $TOO MUCH. 

BTW, since this is a user forum and not Echo Support, to ask what language Alexa is programmed in is likely asking us a little... too much.

GadgetGirl

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 05:23:27 pm »
In case you haven't noticed, "user" forums are full of hobbyists who do want to know the answers to questions such as these!

mike27oct

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 08:20:01 pm »
@GadgetGirl
The reply was meant to indicate "maybe nobody here knows" and not that nobody cares.  Big difference. 

toddajohnson11

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 11:39:11 am »
Hi there, I set up my Echo to play the Denver Broncos fight song (when I asked her to) off a website url using IFTTT and a script that ran on my pc using a program called Belvedere, fairly easy to set up really and cost nothing to implement.  Just fyi. Getting it to run at certain time....hmmmm.I would have to research that.   :)

rubbens16

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 02:21:27 am »
I set up my Echo to play the Denver Broncos fight song (when I asked her to) off a website url using IFTTT and a script that ran on my pc using a program called Belvedere, fairly easy to set up really and cost nothing to implement.

Can you explain how you've accomplished this?

Tx - Ivan