Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Integration with Plex

Integration with Plex
« on: January 29, 2018, 12:44:54 pm »
Does anyone here successfully use Echo integration with Plex? I have a huge music collection on my cloud server, where I have installed PLEX. I am supposed to be able to play my music through my Echo, and in most cases I can do that, although the integration is a little clunky.

However, I CANNOT get Echo to SHUFFLE sonds on my playlists. I can sometimes get her to play a playlist, sometimes, but I cannot get her to shuffle the songs. All she ever says is "I cannot find playlist ...".

Re: Integration with Plex
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 01:18:56 pm »
For the most part I can use Alexa/Plex to play from My Cloud to a FireTV stick and when I ask it to shuffle music by so-and-so it will do this.  Although I have some  iTunes m3u playlists in my same folder as the music, I get the same response as you. I think this is fault of Plex, because I have same problem even without Alex command.  I don't care, since I have other ways to play playlists from My Cloud other than via Plex.  Problem may be caused by not creating playlists using Plex.  In a lot of ways I find Plex not ready for prime time.