Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo pairs with Bluetooth Transmitter but I don't hear any audio

marcot

Maybe a stupid question, but I paired my Bluetooth 3 device to the Echo and it says connected. I can also see a Blue flashing light on my transmitter (BT221) to confirm both are connected. But I don't hear any audio on the echo. I'm sure that audio is transmitting, when I connect my Bluetoot headphone to the Bluetooth transmitter I can hear the audio. Any tips/ suggestions? Do I have to say something to Alexa to hear the music from the Bluetooth connected transmitter? Play continues with the last music source, but not from the transmitter.

Thanks for all your help!

Laurel

Re: Echo pairs with Bluetooth Transmitter but I don't hear any audio
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 12:30:54 pm »
To connect a Bluetooth speaker to your other Echo device:

Turn on pairing mode on your Bluetooth speaker. ...
    Open the Alexa app and select Settings.
    Select your device, and then select Bluetooth > Pair a New Device. ...
    Select your Bluetooth speaker. ...
    In the Alexa app, select Continue.

marcot

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 07:16:38 am »

Thanks for your quick response! If the bluetooth transmitter is connected (confirmed by alexa and see the bluetooth symbol in front of the Bluetooth Devices), and I say continue, it will continue on Spotify, not the music from the transmitter. Could it be that the transmitter is a Bluetooth V3 device?

Thanks!

With kind regards,

Marco

Hockey_Magnet

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 08:01:08 pm »

Thanks for your quick response! If the bluetooth transmitter is connected (confirmed by alexa and see the bluetooth symbol in front of the Bluetooth Devices), and I say continue, it will continue on Spotify, not the music from the transmitter. Could it be that the transmitter is a Bluetooth V3 device?

Thanks!

With kind regards,

Marco

The Echo does not receive bluetooth at all as far as I can tell so it will never work with your transmitter. It only transmits to another bluetooth device. The concept is that if you have good quality bluetooth speakers you can transmit anything the echo is playing instead of listening to it on the relatively poor echo speaker.

Laurel

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 12:45:38 am »
At the top of this forum you can click onto "forums" and then perhaps go to the technical forum and ask your question.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 04:44:08 am »

@Hockey_Magnet said,

"The Echo does not receive bluetooth at all as far as I can tell so it will never work with your transmitter. It only transmits to another bluetooth device. The concept is that if you have good quality bluetooth speakers you can transmit anything the echo is playing instead of listening to it on the relatively poor echo speaker."

What a snarky and completely incorrect reply.  Have you been hit in the head by too many hockey pucks?  Of course Echos, Dots have received BT since the beginning, and over a year ago they were given the ability to transmit BT as well.  How do you think all of us who send music from our phones and other devices to Echo and Dots do this?  It's via BT, that's how.

I have a small BT transmitter I can attach to an iPod to send its music to an Echo, and tonight I connected the iPod via BT for first time to play music to a Google Home.  They paired and played together right away
------------------------

To rhe OP Marcot

Are you sure you have audio coming from device you plugged transmitter to, and the volume level is high enough from device and the Echo volume s up high enough?

Hockey_Magnet

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 10:14:46 pm »

@Hockey_Magnet said,

"The Echo does not receive bluetooth at all as far as I can tell so it will never work with your transmitter. It only transmits to another bluetooth device. The concept is that if you have good quality bluetooth speakers you can transmit anything the echo is playing instead of listening to it on the relatively poor echo speaker."

What a snarky and completely incorrect reply.  Have you been hit in the head by too many hockey pucks?  Of course Echos, Dots have received BT since the beginning, and over a year ago they were given the ability to transmit BT as well.  How do you think all of us who send music from our phones and other devices to Echo and Dots do this?  It's via BT, that's how.

I have a small BT transmitter I can attach to an iPod to send its music to an Echo, and tonight I connected the iPod via BT for first time to play music to a Google Home.  They paired and played together right away
------------------------

To rhe OP Marcot

Are you sure you have audio coming from device you plugged transmitter to, and the volume level is high enough from device and the Echo volume s up high enough?

First my reply was not "snarky" in the least. You are correct and i am incorrect in that this does work but there are a lot of issues pairing various transmitters to the echo (not so much devices like iPhones and iPads . The more common and simpler use of bluetooth for echos is to have them transmit streaming music to a better quality (than echo) speaker via bluetooth and the OP said "But I don't hear any audio on the echo. I'm sure that audio is transmitting, when I connect my Bluetoot headphone to the Bluetooth transmitter I can hear the audio in that" . I've always found the little bluetooth transmitters to be hit and miss with different devices. They pair great with one set of headphones and crap out with another pair. It's my fault that I wouldn't think of trying to transmit TO an Echo instead of the other way around but if you think I was being "snarky" you must be extremely sensitive. sorry.