Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Anybody know if the new Echo Connect device will work in Canada?

I THINK it should but I can't see anyone has tried it. Not sold in Canada I know but since it appears to just set up a connection to local echos in your house, I don't know. I know the country code would create a problem in other countries but Canada uses 1 just like the U.S.

Re: Anybody know if the new Echo Connect device will work in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:53:17 pm »
If you get around the geo location restrictions (like many have done for the Echo) by registering it to your Amazon.com account and then setting it up as a US device. Not sure why it would not work. I would say noone at Amazon would be able to tell you because they donít know how set up a basic Echo like this.

Let us know if you go ahead and get it setup. 
An independent consumer hoping to drive discussion and offer advice on using Echo and Alexa in Canada and home automation in general.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 05:47:40 pm »
If you get around the geo location restrictions (like many have done for the Echo) by registering it to your Amazon.com account and then setting it up as a US device. Not sure why it would not work. I would say noone at Amazon would be able to tell you because they donít know how set up a basic Echo like this.

Let us know if you go ahead and get it setup.

Thanks I haven't bought one as I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up on amazon.com. I'm not sure that would be necessary since it' not actually an Echo device - just a connection between echo and your land line phone system

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 05:45:59 pm »
I have received one from from friends in the USA and tried it out today

It is not a choice when looking to set up a new item but will set up just by setting up as an echo.  It is then recognised and  registered as an echo connect but the problem I have had so far is that although it will reconside and report that there is  an incoming call and say who it is from I cannot get it to answer by giving the answer command to my echo.

I can however use my landline to dial out calls by asking my echo to call.