Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Sonoff devices work with eWeLink app but won't respond to Alexa

Sonoff devices work with eWeLink app but won't respond to Alexa
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:28:29 pm »
Things were working fine until a couple days ago, but now when I try to turn any of my Sonoff devices on or off, Alexa says, "[Device] isn't responding." If I open the eWeLink app, I can switch things on/off with no problem, so obviously the wifi is good and the devices are responsive; the issue seems to be specific to the Alexa/skill. One of my Sonoff devices is inline on an extension cord. I unplugged it to reboot it but it didn't help. (The other is in a wall box behind a light switch so it wouldn't be trivial to reboot it -- but since rebooting didn't help the other one anyway...)

Anyone have any insight on what the problem might be? Or how to resolve it?

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
Re: Sonoff devices work with eWeLink app but won't respond to Alexa
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:39:30 am »
are you in the right section of the forums?

anyway do check if you've accidentally switched to another family member's profile
Echo Dot @ SG

Re: Sonoff devices work with eWeLink app but won't respond to Alexa
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 11:05:43 am »
I had the same problem yesterday, until the evening. Even now, it takes longer than usual for commands to execute. In my case, however, I was using my google home mini, not my echo. Sounds like a problem on the sonoff servers.