Echo & Alexa Forums

Setup 3 echo spots in one home

rolldog

Setup 3 echo spots in one home
« on: January 20, 2018, 12:48:30 am »
I bought an Echo Show when they first came out, and my daughters and I used it so much, I decided to buy each of us an Echo Spot for Christmas. I was intending for each of us to use it on our nightstands, and whenever I need to ask one of them something, or wake them up in the morning for school, I could drop in on them.

After setting them up, I discovered that they can't login to their Echo using their Amazon account info because I have a Prime family plan setup, with each of them setup using a teen profile, so they can use Amazon Music Unlimited, Amazon Video, etc. After emailing back and forth with Amazon, I was told that they can't setup an Echo Spot if they have a teen profile, which defeats the purpose of buying them in the first place.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can set their Echo Spots up, using a different profile than myself, so we can use these things to drop in on each other and they still being able to use Amazon Music, Amazon Video, and the other benefits of them being able to use their own profile?

I thought about setting their accounts up as adults, but under the Prime family sharing, I can only setup one adult who can share my Prime benefits and use Amazon Music Unlimited, Amazon Video, etc. I don't really understand why Amazon has set these restrictions preventing a teen from using Alexa, especially since they're likely to use the features more than I would. If anyone might have some suggestions about how I can setup our 3 Echo Spots so each one is registered to themselves, without having to pay for another Prime membership, I would love to hear them.

Thanks.

dragon123

Re: Setup 3 echo spots in one home
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 01:14:32 pm »
I might be completely wrong here, as I don't have a spot, a family plan, or teens  :P

But do you really need to set them up as different profiles? You can drop in in a room can't you? So why not keep them in the same family plan and name them 'Mark's Room', 'Linda's Room' etc?