Echo & Alexa Forums

Behmor Connected Coffee

Bowers62454

Behmor Connected Coffee
« on: January 17, 2018, 10:46:18 am »
Anyone figured out how/if Alexa can be used to schedule a one time future brew or a connected Behmor coffeemaker?  Alexa is properly paired with my new Behmor and will initiated an immediate brew, but won’t recognized I do have favorite profile defined nor allow me to schedule a brew a brew th night before for the next morning.

Snakeyes

Re: Behmor Connected Coffee
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 06:11:28 am »
Presently Alexa is limited in its activity with Behmor. You can run a Quick Start or start/stop a scheduled brew. Unfortunately you cannot create a brew schedule using Alexa, at least presently.
As far as your favorite profile is concerned, you can assign that profile to Quickstart so that when you ask Alexa to run Quickstart it will use that profile.
Incidentally, they have recently updated their app for greater reliability, especially regarding schedules.

Bowers62454

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:57:02 am »
Thank you for your reply, even if upon rereading my post it’s clear I did a poor job of typing.  What you said is what I was thinking.  The Behmor app is pretty basic and only starts with choices on brew specifics, not any easy entry point for scheduling. Indicates, at best, a gap in conceiving how connected use might be attempted.  It is interesting that when I contacted Behmor support, they didn’t dissuade me from thinking it should work, just telling me I’d have to contact Amazon to figure it out.

Snakeyes

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 10:57:53 am »
I hear you. Hopefully over time, they will expand their Alexa link capability. Still it makes one heck of a coffee. I set it up the day before, assign my favorite to Quickstart, and as soon as I wake up I tell Alexa to run the Quickstart. By the time I get to my home office I have a decanter full of great coffee.