Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Newbie Question

Nikdav2713

Newbie Question
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:01:46 am »
Hi, Sorry in advance if this has already been post.

Im just wondering if i can sync my echo to my parents prime account? (at a different address) will i then be able to get music on there prime account, instead of paying the monthy fee? As they also have an echo at there adress, can you have more than one on an account?

thanks

Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:59:36 pm »
Hi, Sorry in advance if this has already been post.

Im just wondering if i can sync my echo to my parents prime account? (at a different address) will i then be able to get music on there prime account, instead of paying the monthy fee? As they also have an echo at there adress, can you have more than one on an account?

thanks

You can have MANY Echo devices on one account. The settings are cloud based and the echo's don't even have to be in the same place (Like with your parents house and yours). Some people have them at home and work, while others have them in their car even. If you have a smart phone (I think required for set-up) then you also have that app as an Alexa device as well.

You can Deregister yours and re-register it in their account to allow you to use their music account if they're alright with that. I let my In-laws use my account on some tablets to access and read Kindle books.They can take them wherever they want and download books for the road.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

mike27oct

Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:56:17 pm »
Yes above can be done, but you would not be able to order any products, pizzas, etc through Alexa on the Echo under your account anymore.  Parents have to buy into your idea with understanding you would not make any purchases on the Echo tied to their account.  It would also make sense if you had another Alexa device that is on your account for your own use, and only use the one on Parents' account fot listeming to Prime music..  Getting a less expensive Dot for your account could solve this problem. 

Keep in mind any changes to Alexa app on Echo would make changes on theirs, so if you use the Alexa app, only register it in your (new) devices account in your name, not theirs,  There could be other pitfalls with this strategy, too, but it is not our job to think of them all; it's yours and your parents.