Alexa now talking in her sleep!

mike27oct

Re: Alexa now talking in her sleep!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 01:36:08 am »
I like it!

apier6738

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 08:21:42 am »
Alexa woke me up last night around 2:30 am, it was talking on its own, and all of a sudden connected to my phone. I have had Alexa over 3 months and its the first time it happens.

malliekm

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 01:12:04 pm »
I reported this happened to me a couple of months ago (maybe less).  Total silence in the house.  She did it twice within 30 minutes iirc.  I looked in the history and only the second time was recorded.  I could just faintly hear my dog, who was outside, barking.  Lately, I've heard her make operating sounds...like affirmation or "no one is talking to me so I'm closing down" sound.

mike27oct

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 02:25:23 pm »
@apier

This is a very old thread I started long ago.  It turned out a bluetooth on a computer was left on. Best practices indicate if a BT is left on, this can happen so best to keep BT off on a gadget not using BT anymore.  She connected to your phone's BT because it was on.  Turn off the phone BT if this issue affects your echo.

There are lots of incidents reporting of more frequent occasions of Alexa responding to to random conversations.  It happens daily with the number of Alexa gadgets in my house anymore.  Another incident was when Alexa reacted to an announcer she heard from her own speaker!

strayfish

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 06:48:29 pm »
Another incident was when Alexa reacted to an announcer she heard from her own speaker!
My flash briefing a week or so ago had a podcast from a tech expo that featured the Alexa software. My Dot tried to respond to every mention of its name then suddenly terminated the podcast! I was about to give up on it when it finally dawned on me (Sunday morning, still in bed and barely awake) I could turn the microphone off.

mike27oct

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 07:00:50 pm »
Good point, although what I was referring to was the radio announcer telling name of next track, not repeatedly saying Alexa.