Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa App question

Pugwinkle

Alexa App question
« on: January 13, 2018, 09:01:35 am »
I am downloading the Alexa app on my husbands smart phone. I want him to be able to access the shopping list from his phone. Alexa is synced to my email and since I'm in Canada we can only have one profile for the Echo.  So does this mean I should sign into the Alexa app on my husbands phone with my email and password so that he gets to also use the shopping list feature?

Snakeyes

Re: Alexa App question
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:01:19 am »
Just install the Alexa app on his phone and make sure that his name/address is included in your household. The list will appear on his app.

Pugwinkle

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 06:06:47 am »
Just install the Alexa app on his phone and make sure that his name/address is included in your household. The list will appear on his app.

Are you sure this is correct for Canada? We can't have more than one profile on our Echo's here in Canada.  :(

Snakeyes

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 06:59:58 am »
My bad! I did not know that. I am not sure adding a name to the household would violate that "strange" limitation.

pman2018

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 07:56:23 pm »
Not sure about your problem but I did try and use the Alexa shopping list.  I found that in the grocery store the cell connection was not all that good so using the list (deleting things as you bought them) was sluggish because it is updating the list back on the servers.  I quit using it and switched to the "buy me a pie" free app.