Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing music through more than one Bluetooth speaker

Stuart Hamilton

Playing music through more than one Bluetooth speaker
« on: January 10, 2018, 07:00:08 am »
I have an Echo in the kitchen and have managed to pair it with a Bose Solo soundbar in the sitting room but cannot get it to play music through both at the same time.
The only help I can find says to create a Multi-room music group on the Alexa app, but this doesn't seem possible without a second Echo device in the sitting room.
I can play the music through either the Echo in the kitchen or the Bluetooth connected soundbar in the sitting room but not both.
Any advice?

fstbusa

Re: Playing music through more than one Bluetooth speaker
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:26:03 am »
you can't.  As you have already discovered, you could if you have more than 1 echo device but with a single device, you are allowed a single output.

samsethi

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:47:54 pm »
Hi Stuart

You are correct.  You can either play the output on your echo or the output on your bose soundbar. To play on both you need to either get a second dot and connect it to your soundbar.  Then create a multiroom group and say "play xxxx on the group everywhere" - the sound will come out of your soundbar and your echo dot.  You could even add a second better speaker to your kitchen via the aux port and then you have two good sound speakers connected to echo dots. 

Sam

Stuart Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 04:10:57 pm »
Thank you both for your replies. Very useful and will stop me searching for a way of doing it. Sounds like i'll be buying another echo for the sitting room.
:-)