Echo & Alexa Forums

Unable to Enable Skills

KevinM

Unable to Enable Skills
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:04:45 am »
Neither the Alexa App nor the Amazon website is able to verify the CVV code for my credit card to enable apps. I tried with several cards and same issue.

Is this because of my location (Caribbean)?

Scotty65

Re: Unable to Enable Skills
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 01:18:01 pm »
Hi, skills are free and should not need a card. If you have to enter the CVV code, try typing the code slowly, 1..........2...........3 as security features try to check if it's a bot attack, and if you type 123 quickly it will fail.

StevenR

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 01:29:56 pm »
In the US, Amazon allows Alexa skills to be published that are targeted to children under the age of 13 (this is not allowed in other countries). For these skills to be enabled an adult needs to approve them and one of the ways of doing this is to use the CVV code of a card. I assume that this is failing because you have a US Amazon account but your credit card is not a US card.

KevinM

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:51:23 am »
In the US, Amazon allows Alexa skills to be published that are targeted to children under the age of 13 (this is not allowed in other countries). For these skills to be enabled an adult needs to approve them and one of the ways of doing this is to use the CVV code of a card. I assume that this is failing because you have a US Amazon account but your credit card is not a US card.

Yes this is exactly the case. It's the same card that I use to make purchases on Amazon though.