Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa Audio Through Echo, Music Through Audio Out?

Alexa Audio Through Echo, Music Through Audio Out?
« on: January 08, 2018, 04:30:39 pm »
I have an echo spot and I have it connected to the same stereo my TV is connected to, is there any way I can have the Alexa audio play through the device speaker and have the music (spotify, siriusxm) through the audio out?  I have to change inputs on my stereo to hear Alexa every time otherwise.

Offline kevb

Re: Alexa Audio Through Echo, Music Through Audio Out?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 05:16:28 pm »
No, this has been asked many times in the last few days. What you can do is buy an audio out "y-splitter". Connect one end to your stereo, and the other end to a small, always on speaker, like for a computer. With the stereo off, you'll hear the echo through the small speakers. When you turn on the stereo, it will drown out the small speakers.

Offline Jerome

Re: Alexa Audio Through Echo, Music Through Audio Out?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 02:54:27 am »
2 Echo (1st gen/3rd gen) - 4 Echo Dots (2nd gen/3rd gen) - 1 Echo Show 5 - 1 Google Home Mini | in France