Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and Plex working together to play music and video

Ssinseeme

Re: Alexa and Plex working together to play music and video
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2018, 07:52:48 pm »
Oh. I get it I just add a lybrary to plex and upload my music. Once I get that done it was simple just ask Alexa to play music. Lol. Thanks

mike27oct

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 02:43:05 pm »
OK, before I reply to your msg, I want to ask you if you can ask alexa, "Alexa, ask Plex to play .... (an artist from you music on the DL2100) ?   This should be possible, even though you cannot see the music on the Plex config screen IF music files are on your NAS, I would think.

Now, for your issue.  This is a problem with the DL2100 and Plex set up, so to get you to Point A, on the Plex screen, click on the Home button in upper left corner of screen (i.e. the house icon)  You should now be at the Plex home screen and is the area I was describing to you.  Does it look like what I was describing now?

If not, we need to move our conversation back to WD forum, because that is where we need to solve this problem, not in this one.  Post a msg for me of the forum you are in there.  (send me a PM if necessary from there.)

Ssinseeme

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 08:09:32 pm »
We all good bro, no issues anymore. I get it. I can play any artist I have on my DL2100. Great conversation.
Now if you want help me further on DL2100 let me know how to get 3rd party app. Because WD sucks. Synology way better I wish if I bought Synology.

mike27oct

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2018, 09:09:05 pm »
Glad it is all working now.  I guess my last discussion did the trick, right?

I have only installed Plex and the virus scanner apps on my DL2100.  I do recall seeing in the complete DL manual how to install 3rd party apps.  If you have not downloaded the full manual please do so.  If you still have issues post a msg for all in the DJ forum.

BTW, I really like the DL2100; it has worked flawlessly since I got it years ago.

The one thing I do not like is that Plex thrashes the NAS drives incessantly. so my solution for that is to only turn on Plex when I want to use it, as I mentioned above in my posts here.

mike27oct

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 02:28:02 am »
Has anyone other than me and a few others been using the Alexa/Plex combo to play their music from their NAS, computer, etc?

Awesome, and just recently it has become even more awesome, because Plex has introduced “Library Radio” for using with Alexa. All ya gotta say to an Alexa device is, “Alexa, ask Plex to play music.” and it responds by saying “playing Library Radio” and proceeds to play one random track after another from your NAS music library – “forever” or until you ask Alexa to stop, then ask it to close Plex. If you don’t like the selection playing, just say, “Alexa, play next song.” Overall, a killer app!