Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo show Security Problem

scott7911

Echo show Security Problem
« on: January 05, 2018, 12:42:15 pm »
I have a concern with my Echo Show security. Yesterday I had a home network router problem that caused my wireless network to drop out a number of times. I downloaded new firmware for my router and then logged in to the router interface on my desktop computer. I got the router and network up and running again after few hours. While doing that my Alexa devices lost and made wireless connections a few times.

When I finished, I looked at the Alexa Show screen and it had a mirror image of my computer screen with the login page of my router interface complete with user and password information.  I wish I thought to take a picture of it but I didn't. When I touched the screen the image went away. I can't find a way to see the Show's display history and I haven't been able to recreate the issue. I reported it to amazon, but they said they need to research it.

I check my amazon Prime photos to see if there was any way I accidentally took a screenshot of the login. nothing there.

any ideas whats up as this is very disturbing? At this point I'm plugging the show until I understand what happened.