Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Echo Mount

atbrld

Amazon Echo Mount
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:07:35 am »
Go Check out the Amazon Echo Mount on Amazon.com! Seriously this is a really cool product I came up with myself, so I'm just trying to do a little promotion to get people interested. Feel free to buy the mount, and if you do so please leave us an honest review. I'd love y'alls feedback!

The Amazon Echo Mount from Computer Bracket Solutions is the Original Amazon Echo Mount! The Echo Mount comes with a 3M Command Strip and Screws for different applications and mounting functionalities. The Amazon Echo Mount is an Original product with endless capabilities. Check out the link below!

http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Bracket-Solutions-Mount-Black/dp/B015QES498/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453823811&sr=8-2&keywords=Echo+Mount

runbadgerrun

Re: Amazon Echo Mount
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:39:08 pm »
I must say it is a very nice looking solution.  I am not in need of it right now.  But possibly in the new house.  Nice work.

icemanfred

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 05:56:14 am »

I have been thinking, it would be cool to mount one on the ceiling in the center of the room.
this would require a keyhole in the base of the unit. thats not there.
maybe you could add to top to your design with keyholes.

Of coarse wiring would be needed for a nice clean look.

this would allow better use of the 360 degree speakers cause it would be in the center of the room.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:59:22 am by icemanfred »

fstbusa

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 08:33:07 am »
but then you have an 18" cylinder sticking down from the ceiling.

atbrld

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 11:10:47 am »
 In the process of designing something similar to what you have described @icemanfred, but I have to agree with @fstbuse that the echo does look a little abnormal hanging from the ceiling.

atbrld

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 11:43:53 am »
For those who would like to receive this Amazon Echo Mount for free in exchange for an unbiased positive or negative review, please contact me at cbscustomerreviews@gmail.com. Customer Feedback is Highly Appreciated! We will send you the Echo Mount free of charge, and all we ask in return is your review of the product on Amazon.com!

Please review Amazon Review Guidelines below.... Thank You
"If you offer a free or discounted product in exchange for a review, you must clearly state that you welcome both positive and negative feedback. If you receive a free or discounted product in exchange for your review, you must clearly and conspicuously disclose that fact." - Amazon.com

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 12:52:44 pm »
hanging from the ceiling may not be that bad depending on the skin you use.    as far as the echo mount, look interesting.  just wonder how it would affect the microphones with it up against the wall.    I like to keep mine out in the open where none of the microphones are blocked. 

atbrld

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 01:52:58 pm »
@renegade600 testing the mount I had thoughts as well as to how it would affect the microphones, but after a bit of testing we realized that the Echo works just as well mounted as it does out in the open. The mount is shaped so that the Echo isn't backed right up to the mounted surface. There is a slight gap.

icemanfred

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 05:10:02 am »
echo isnt 18" its 9.5"
I thought it would be functional and look cool, futuristic.

hardest part would have been wiring it.

I admit taste is a very personal thing.

DParker

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 06:18:39 pm »
I'm not sure anyone needs to have it out in the open unless it's to show off you have one. Ours sits on a shelf and hardly visible. Most visitors don't know we have one. It doesn't affect the performance and we just speak and she performs... secretly... with responds with that quiet Ok. I get more of a kick out of people saying "what was that?"

Having it out in the open, and as centralized as possible makes it easier for the microphones to hear you clearly when you're using it from another room.  For that reason we have the downstairs Echo sitting on an end table in the family room, which places it as close to the center of the first floor as possible without mounting it on a wall.

ScottinPollock

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 05:17:05 pm »
Amazon states it should at least 8 inches from a wall. The mics will be hampered if it is closer, and it sounds better as well.