Echo & Alexa Forums

Alarms With Music From Prime

studlygoorite

Alarms With Music From Prime
« on: January 03, 2018, 09:41:37 pm »
Hello all,

I have been happily using Echo for my lights, furnace, air conditioning and TV for around a year now. I just purchased Prime so I could get the music, music works fine but not with any alarms. It's been advertised that you can set an alarm to wake to pretty much any music you want, my friend has Spotify with his Echo and his alarms work fine. I can't get alarms to work with Prime Music, can anyone? I'll ask Alexa to play Judas Priest and she does (from Prime), when I ask her to set an alarm for a certain time to Judas Priest she replies that "she cannot find any songs by Judas Priest. Not just Judas Priest but any song or group. When I ask her to set an alarm to music she replies "I couldn't find any songs that match your request".

Just wondering if this too is a Canadian thing or am I alone on this?

Re: Alarms With Music From Prime
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 06:21:11 am »
things are so different between different countries that it is hard to give an answer.  try adding from amazon prime to your alarm command. 

Jerome

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:40:04 am »
Is Amazon Prime set up as your default music service ?
If not, renegade600's suggestion is good.
(although setting it up as default once and for all might be more straightforward if it's your only/main music provider)

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:24:34 am »
Well I'm gonna guess it's not working coz even though you have prime, you don't have unlimited, do you?

seamus01

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:37:30 am »
Alarms with music aren't available in the UK. I thought it was US only in which case maybe why Canada isn't working.

Laurel

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 12:25:17 pm »
I am Canadian with my devices still set up on Amazon.com.  I couldn't get any alarms with radio on the app or website, but I can set them up verbally i.e. "Alexa set an alarm for 8 AM to CKNW 980 on tunein radio". There is no way that I have found to type in that request on the app or website. Yet after it was accepted by Alexa, it shows on the website and app. 

studlygoorite

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 06:56:20 pm »
things are so different between different countries that it is hard to give an answer.  try adding from amazon prime to your alarm command.

Hi renegade600, I cannot find any way to do this :) Thanks though

studlygoorite

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 06:59:53 pm »
Is Amazon Prime set up as your default music service ?
If not, renegade600's suggestion is good.
(although setting it up as default once and for all might be more straightforward if it's your only/main music provider)

Thanks Jerome, yes Amazon Prime is my default

studlygoorite

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 07:01:26 pm »
Well I'm gonna guess it's not working coz even though you have prime, you don't have unlimited, do you?

No I don't have Unlimited asianrocker, another reason I purchased Prime but found out after its not available in Canada yet, thanks.

studlygoorite

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 07:04:27 pm »
Alarms with music aren't available in the UK. I thought it was US only in which case maybe why Canada isn't working.

I am thinking the same thing seamus01, thanks, actually I read in one of the US threads that someone said that was the reason. Too bad it's so hard to find documentation of what is and what is not available to us poor igloo living northern people :)

studlygoorite

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 07:07:33 pm »
I am Canadian with my devices still set up on Amazon.com.  I couldn't get any alarms with radio on the app or website, but I can set them up verbally i.e. "Alexa set an alarm for 8 AM to CKNW 980 on tunein radio". There is no way that I have found to type in that request on the app or website. Yet after it was accepted by Alexa, it shows on the website and app.

Probably because you are on Amazon.com, when I purchased Prime I accidentally got it for .com, when Alexa could not answer "where is my stuff" I found out that was why and they switched me to my .ca account. :( Thanks for the reply Laurel

studlygoorite

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 07:12:45 pm »
So the question still remains, why can my friend (a fellow Canadian) set alarms to Spotify and I can't to Prime Music? I am thinking it's because he has a premium account and I can't get the Unlimited...yet...or he has a .com account, I have not been able to get a hold of him just yet to find out.

Jerome

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 04:42:49 am »
OK, after reading the various anwsers here, I just wanted to let you know my personal experience : I have a Spotify subscription and no Prime subscription so it will probably not help you personally.
+ I live in France with some imported Echo/Dots (from the US/the UK) using an Amazon US account.
+ Spotify is my default music service
+ "Alexa, wake me up on weekdays at 7am with soft music on Spotify" => Alexa responded successfully by scheduling Spotify's "Just Soft" playlist  :)
(this voice command is quite a mouthful and might require some trial and errors and no blank to pass lol)

studlygoorite

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 10:46:03 am »
Thanks for sharing your experience jerome,

I have since found that my friend who can get alarms with Spotify has his Prime Account with .com not .ca

Hockey_Magnet

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 06:49:53 pm »
FYI, I just tried their and Alexa responds "music alarms are not currently supported in your region". I have Prime Music. Love the Echos for a lot of things but I'm getting frustrated with not having more functionality a la the U.S. version. i've been considering trying to register as with my Amazon.com account but it seems like it's a bit complex. Since I'm paying for Prime on Amazon.ca, I'd probably lose access to prime music if I register the Echos as American and who knows what will happen if Amazon applies any account tweaks or whatever.