Echo & Alexa Forums

Postcode- weather

Andy

Postcode- weather
« on: January 04, 2018, 03:30:10 pm »
Hi all- when i say alexa whats the weather she says if i put my postcode in the app she can tell me my local weather but its already on the app?-thanks

Scotty65

Re: Postcode- weather
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:18:42 am »
Hi Andy, try settings/my echo dot/location and just set new location to your full address. Use Europe and GMT if in the UK and it should work fine. Mine does. If you need to reset the dot and start again, either pull the plug and reboot or for full reset to link up WiFi and address again, hold down mic mute and volume down buttons till light ring turns orange, then blue and begin again putting settings in as before when you bought it.

Andy

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 01:10:40 pm »
Many thanks Scotty 65 this worked! :)

Scotty65

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 01:15:41 pm »
Brilliant mate, glad it helped.

AlexaEcho

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 08:08:29 am »
My post code does not work with Alexa weather. As we are some 3 miles from the nearest town, which must qualify as a remote area!!! To fix this, I entered a fake address from the nearest village which seems to help. I'm hoping that my Amazon orders don't get sent there!

This issue was one of the several reasons we almost returned our units. It serves to give a feeling that Alexa is a version 1/beta software despite being 3 or so years old. We noted that Siri has no issues with our location.