Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Can I use a Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Plus together?

mattalexanderuk

Can I use a Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Plus together?
« on: December 20, 2017, 11:25:38 am »
Hello,

I feel there is straight forward answer to this however unable to find any answers online. I currently have an 1st generation amazon echo. I want to buy an amazon echo plus as it has a built in hub for lights. Will the 1st generation echo then be able to use the echo plus's hub ability to turn on lights?

I will also be buying a few dots that I will place around the house, assuming if the above is correct they will also use the echo plus's hub ability to turn on lights?

Re: Can I use a Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Plus together?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 04:30:37 pm »
since the settings are saved on the cloud, of course they will work together. 

zaphod

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 01:55:21 pm »
Hello,

I feel there is straight forward answer to this however unable to find any answers online. I currently have an 1st generation amazon echo. I want to buy an amazon echo plus as it has a built in hub for lights. Will the 1st generation echo then be able to use the echo plus's hub ability to turn on lights?

I will also be buying a few dots that I will place around the house, assuming if the above is correct they will also use the echo plus's hub ability to turn on lights?

we had the original echo and several gen two dots. then bought the echo plus. the hub was the sole reason for that. the entire system works perfectly together. no need to even think about. once the plus is setup, same as all other echos, it will search out your new devices (those that work with the hub) and all the others work as normal. for simplicity sake just think of the plus as your starting point to setup new devices, otherwise it is just another echo in terms of functionality.

have a good new year!

kfilop

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 03:34:00 pm »
Yes but only the registered user will be able to control and discover devices