Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

How to REMOVE Contacts From Drop-In

malliekm

How to REMOVE Contacts From Drop-In
« on: January 04, 2018, 11:49:14 pm »
The Amazon Help page for this topic doesn't address removing the contact, but to revoke permission for Drop-In.  None of the contacts that showed up in the app have persmission to drop in but I'd like to remove them from the list.  I know the list is populated by my contacts list.  Must I remove them as contacts to remove them from the Drop-In list?
Here's what Amazon says about REMOVING the contact...

Remove Contacts from Drop In
Revoke permission from your contacts for Drop In.

To revoke permission from contacts for Drop In in the Alexa app:
Open the menu and select the Conversations iconconversations button.
In the Contacts section, select a contact from the list.
Toggle the option next to Drop In.
You can also revoke permission for Drop In on the home screen of your compatible Echo device:
Say, "Show my contacts."
Select a contact from the list.
Toggle the option next to Drop In.

Laurel

Re: How to REMOVE Contacts From Drop-In
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:54:43 am »
I don't let any contacts other than one family member drop in.  I have the other contacts blocked from dropping in, but I still have them on my list.  Not sure how I did as I did it so long ago. I googled and learned.

malliekm

Re: How to REMOVE Contacts From Drop-In
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 02:20:36 pm »
Thanks Laurel but when I Googled I found the "removal" instructions on the Amazon Alexa help page.  However, the instructions are just for "revoking", not removing (altho the subject says remove).  Everyone that's in my contact list that has an Alexa and the Drop In feature enabled, shows up in the Drop In list.  I don't have anyone enabled to drop in tho.  I did have mom and dad but they no longer have any Alexas and I did a factory reset on all her devices before she sold them so I don't know how their name even shows up in the list.  I was hoping to remove everyone from the list, not just disable the feature.  And yes, I've got everyone blocked but like you said, they're still on the list.