Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo Dot - Music true Jack and Alexa from internal speaker?

Echo Dot - Music true Jack and Alexa from internal speaker?
« on: January 04, 2018, 04:29:36 am »
Hi,

This is Roy from the netherlands, sorry for my bad engl.
So i thinking of buying the Echo dot and connect it to my home HiFi stereo installation with je Jack cable.
The thing is... I want to play music true the HiFi set but if i want to ask something i want the Echo Dot to respond.
For example.. If i ask for the wheater i dont want to turn on my HiFi set to hear the answer, but if i want to play music.. i want to hear it to my HiFi set.

Is that possible?
Thank you

Roy

Offline Jerome

Re: Echo Dot - Music true Jack and Alexa from internal speaker?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:43:55 am »
No, I don't think you can have both at the same time  :-\
Plugging a jack disables Echo's internal speaker.
See this thread for similar question.
2 Echo (1st gen/3rd gen) - 4 Echo Dots (2nd gen/3rd gen) - 1 Echo Show 5 - 1 Google Home Mini | in France

Re: Echo Dot - Music true Jack and Alexa from internal speaker?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:14:50 am »
For control of Hifi devices separate from Alexa’s speaker, you will need something that can integrate with Alexa but send Infared signals to your hifi, like your remotes.  I use Harmony Hub for this purpose, it works well as a bridge between Alexa and many other devices. I can say Alexa, play CDs or Turn on TV the sound all goes through my stereo, but when I ask Alexa for the weather she answers through the Echo speaker. 

I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:16:30 am by Alexa in Canada »
An independent consumer hoping to drive discussion and offer advice on using Echo and Alexa in Canada and home automation in general.