Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Can I make a single command do 3 separate commands?

Markieamark

Can I make a single command do 3 separate commands?
« on: December 28, 2017, 12:33:02 am »
Every night I say:

Alexa, play Pure White Noise from a Deep Sound Sleep
Then I say
Alexa, Loop
Then I say
Alexa, set a sleep timer for 90 minutes.

Is there a way to make this a single command - Like Alexa, Bedtime!

If so - I would really appreciate it!!

kallstrom_74

Re: Can I make a single command do 3 separate commands?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:00:25 am »
i will follow this thread..i will have a simular question...a lamp with 3 bulbs in it...can i it be one "unit" or will there be 3 separate bulbs to control from alexa?

Offline kevb

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 11:41:03 am »
Markieamark, see if you can do this by setting up a "routine" in your app. Not sure if you can do all this.

Kallstrom, your question is quite different. If you use three smart bulbs in the lamp, you can set up your three smart bulbs in a "group" under "smart home" in the app, then control the three bulbs as one by using the group name, or individually by using each bulb name.

Markieamark

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 10:58:36 am »
Unfortunately I cannot get those 3 simple steps into a command - if someone knows a way, please pass it on.
I just want:
Alexa, play Pure White Noise from a Deep Sound Sleep
Then I say
Alexa, Loop
Then I say
Alexa, set a sleep timer for 90 minutes.

Thanks!

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 11:05:55 am »
I think what you want is more for the dev of that skill. But Alexa's routine DO need skill settings like you want. Their routine actions are lame and unusable to me. But wow you need 90 minutes to sleep?

dragon123

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 04:19:48 am »
i will follow this thread..i will have a simular question...a lamp with 3 bulbs in it...can i it be one "unit" or will there be 3 separate bulbs to control from alexa?

That is a totally different question actually.... In Home Automation, you see your devices, 3 lights in this case. You can group your bulbs however you want, so you can set them individually or by room, by fixture, whatyever you want. Just make a group and name it.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 10:50:33 am »
Yep... Make a group... We'll call it  "Triple Lamp" for this discussion... it works by description but you can name it "General Custer" if you want... name doesn't matter as much as making a group. Once you create the group, Alexa will ask which devices you want in this group (by showing you the lost of all smart home devices you have and probably every scene you have set up as well). Choose the Bulbs that are actually in that lamp and save your settings.

Once that's done All you have to do for control of that Specific lamp is to call out commands of "Alexa, Turn on Triple Lamp" or "off" or "Alexa, Turn Triple lamp to 50%"... stuff like that.

You can also include those same bulbs in another group for the room they're in, for example, if "triple lamp" is in the Great room of your house, You can control all bulbs in the Great room by creating yet another group and instead of separating all of the bulbs, pick all of the bulbs in that room and save that group as well. In my system, I have a 'whole house" group so I can light up or shut down every bulb in my Alexa ecosystem all at once. I have multiple groups that include the same lamps, bulbs and more as well.It's all in the set up and how you command them.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!