Echo & Alexa Forums

ads on alexa

ads on alexa
« on: January 03, 2018, 07:10:55 am »
it is being reported that amazon is in talks with some companies about putt ads on the echo.   the article did not say how the ads would be integrated.

https://phandroid.com/2018/01/02/amazon-alexa-echo-ads/

Companies like Procter & Gamble and Clorox are reportedly already engaged in talks with Amazon but don’t freak out yet about product ads being spoken aloud to everyone in your living room. It’s more like these companies would pay for higher placement in product searches. So the next time you’re telling Alexa to order you some bleach, she might first recommend Clorox.

sure hope it will be nothing like the ads on amazpn prime video.  I was watching a series the other day and there was an ad after every episode...

restamp

Re: ads on alexa
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:23:27 pm »
I use NPR for my Flash Briefing and I've noticed they've started running ads before the newscast and sometimes afterwards, too.  It's unclear to me whether this is an NPR thing, a Tune-In thing, or an Amazon thing, but I guess the
money to serve up the media content has to come from somewhere.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:28:27 am »
I noticed the ads in the news briefings so I no longer use it.  I just ask alexa to play npr news and it plays without ads. 

iolinux333

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 09:01:46 am »
The moment unavoidable advertisement shows up on Alexa, all of my Echos go in the trash, just like my TV did years ago.

Not a big deal.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 10:37:22 am »
Amazon has found a way to work with guns on that, within the Amazon Fire Tablets. They come loaded for Advertisement that runs randomly and every time you open the cover or wake it up. You can opt out of the advertisement features... as long as you pay them 15 dollars a device. They say that's how they keep their prices on their tablets so low... but 15 dollars for ad free tablets would be a no brainer to me... they don't make it obvious and they try to almost keep it a secret. But you can go online and find the "How do I stop ads on my fire tablet?" search and it will walk you through how to do it... Maybe something like that will be available for the Echo devices as well... I'd pay a little more for almost any device that has NO ADS!
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!