Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon.ca Reviews and Ratings

Alexa in Canada

Amazon.ca Reviews and Ratings
« on: January 01, 2018, 10:23:09 am »
I recently posted this review of the product on Amazon.ca, it joined a large growing list of grumpy customers who have recently tried to set this up.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-reviews/R7ARETEG8D1DC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0749ZSPN7

I encourage people to post similar reviews, perhaps with enough feedback Amazon.ca will sort out a better integration strategy.

I think the ideal situation would be to have the same Alexa App and skills released in Canada at the same time or at least within days of the US updates and that Amazon.ca accounts and Canadian local content and skills can be maintained. I guess I want the best of both worlds like we can get with other products.

I am not sure if anyone has any better suggestions for Amazon.

Hockey_Magnet

Re: Amazon.ca Reviews and Ratings
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:00:33 pm »
Read your review. Well done. I have considered going the American route but since I'm paying for Prime on amazon.ca and have Prime music as a result I'm a little concerned about messing that up.

FYI if you don't need the room separate room sensor that comes with the  Ecobee 4, it's cheaper to buy the 3 Lite and another Dot, which also gives you a bit more flexibility.

cdnirene

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:13:49 pm »
I think one of the issues with Skills and Music is copyright/trademarks. Just because something is copyrighted/trademarked in the U.S. doesn’t automatically make it so in Canada.

Alexa in Canada

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 07:27:48 pm »
Thanks for the replies here. I am hoping that Canadians can bring t(Dir experience to this site and help others. I believe this product has a lot of potential and I pla to add to it as we go.

Thanks for the tips on the Eco bee, but I actually do want the multi room temperature feature since I  do have a problem with comfort in different parts of the house. The idea of a Dot where the thermostat is would bring Alexa to another part of the main floor that is out of range for the main Echo device. 

dragon123

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:02:17 pm »
I think the ideal situation would be to have the same Alexa App and skills released in Canada at the same time or at least within days of the US updates

NO.

Please update ALL apps and skills worldwide!

I had to switch from a UK account to US because an awful lot of skills and settings are missing otherwise. Same for DE.

For some reason, Amazon thinks most of their products and the products that skills are needed for are not being sold elsewhere..?

studlygoorite

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 07:17:54 pm »
I just posted a negative review of the Fire TV 4k (with Alexa) because I can't even get Prime Video from .ca on it. I had an Amazon employee reply to me, which was nice, stating......

We're constantly working to improve Amazon devices and appreciate your feedback

Not much but at least it's something. I was also told months ago when I complained that Canada cannot get Prime Music Unlimited, that they were close to adding it to Canada.....but that was months ago.

Alexa in Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 02:07:26 pm »
Did you consider setting up your Echo as a USA echo as described in other threads. It might let you use the services that are otherwise not available in Canada.