Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and Echo in Canada, Issues, Assitance and Advice

Laurel

Re: Alexa and Echo in Canada, Issues, Assitance and Advice
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 01:04:53 pm »
Gordovision can't you remove the number by going to account and log in and security? 

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 01:25:50 pm »
Laurel ya beat me to it! ;)

Alexa in Canada

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 04:08:42 pm »
Oh, and I can't set up my phone number, as it's tied to my .ca account.
I too had my Phone number in my Ca. account I was able to remove it from that and then add it to my .com account.
 ;)

How did you remove your number? I've been looking and looking, and I've been unable to find where that's done.

Gordovision, I'm glad you got it working similar to how the rest of us have done it.

FYI, I have the same Canadian mobile phone number as my only phone number in both .com and .ca accounts. No issues.

Gordovision

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 07:08:16 pm »
Ah, perfect! I had been looking for it tied to a device, not the account itself.

Alexa in Canada - when I tried adding the number through the app it told me that the number was already connected to another account (my Canadian account), and wouldn't assign it again. I'll see if adding it through the website will allow the same number in both accounts.

Yup, adding it through the website as opposed to through the app allows the same number to appear in both accounts. Woohoo, thanks for the help!