Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa android app set up

sydog39

Alexa android app set up
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:30:04 pm »
I have a new Alexa Echo 2.  I have it already set up and working.  I used, and am signed into, the alexa.amazon.com website to set up my new device.

I have been trying to use the android Aleza app on my phone as well, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get the app to recognize the already set up Echo.   When I launch the app it always want me to set up a new device--not to connect with an existing one.

what am I doing wrong?

GA

Re: Alexa android app set up
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:15:06 am »
Not sure if this is going to be of any help, but you may want to try setting up your echo with the android app, but just using your local network, your wifi instead of your cell service. Like I said I am not sure if this is of any help, but setting up the echo on my phone, and android tablet I was on my local wifi. Good luck.

Carl Logue

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:46:11 am »
  I just got the Alexa and in the setup it will say it is connected but no internet connection.
I can see it in the wifi connection .as it is trying to connect it will turn off my wifi connection on my phone then the app locks up?
I have checked my internet provider and they said everything is working good.
I have tried to get Best Buy to help and all they have to say is they will hook it up for 100.00 dollars.
I their customer service sucks and they are very rude and they talk to you like you are a dumbass they suck.
I have tried all of the things to try none have worked.
All of our tablets work and our phone's work good.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks

GA

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 02:33:08 pm »
Hey Carl, not sure if I fully understand what you are writing, but it sounds like the Alexa is connecting to your network, but it is not connecting to the Internet. I think you are saying that when it tries to connect you lose Wifi connection to your phone and the app locks up. Ok, I think maybe, you  are having an IP conflict. If the Alexa is trying to get the IP addr that your phone is using, in wifi mode, then that may happen. So, I would probably look at the DHCP on router, first to see if you have enough addr in the pool and then to see in the Client if the Alexa is trying to grab a duplicate IP.  You might trying taking your phone off the local wifi completely and see if the echo will work. This is just some ideas. Good luck.