Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa won't play music from any source but is connected to the internet

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
Re: Alexa won't play music from any source but is connected to the internet
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 11:04:25 pm »
There is a popular radio station in Utah Z104, great country music, Alexa will not recognize any voice command for this station.  Can search on app but that is annoying.  There are three stations Z104 in US.  How do I get my Alexa to recognize my station... frustrating

There should be an option in the Alexa app (at least I'm sure the web portal does) to save your station as a favourite.

Thereafter, you can just tell Alexa to play your favourite station on tunein
"Alexa, listen to my favourite radio station on tunein" or "Alexa, listen to the last radio station on tunein"
Echo Dot @ SG

mike27oct

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 12:43:21 am »
There is.  It is saved in Favorites list of the Tunein section of Alexa app.  I have all of my favorite stations in there.

micah

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 10:17:33 pm »
Had the same problem. I would say "play XYZ radio station" and Alexa would respond "Playing XYZ radio from Tune In" but then the music wouldn't start. 

I followed the advice above and unplugged my dot and plugged it back in. Worked like a charm.

I Created an account here just to say thanks!

mike27oct

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 11:00:38 pm »
Glad to know the chit chat here helped to fix your problem, and you didn't even have to ask the same question a little different way.  Whatever the device, turn it off and turn it back on, and it likely will start working right again.

kjmoss

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 03:55:32 pm »
Alexa could tell me the weather, answer questions, even play radio 1 but she wouldn't play music from prime, my library etc. I rebooted her and it didn't work, I left her for 5 minutes and it didn't work. My husband suggested I try my Amazon prime key on tv - I couldn't play a movie it said I didn't have the internet even though I have a very good signal.

I rebooted my sky hub and now all work. Amazon is playing movies and Alexa on my echo is playing my music.  ;D

mike27oct

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 03:57:50 pm »
http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,1654.0/topicseen.html

Next time see if there are similar posts before leaving one.

Mick

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 06:42:39 pm »
I have had an echo dot since Christmas 16 it worked perfectly until a few days ago then it stopped playing music. It would answer questions, tell me it was playing what I asked for, and even tell me what’s playing, and sometimes it would play some music 10 to 30 seconds every 20 to 30 minutes.
Anyway to cut a long story short I went into my router settings and found two IP addresses the same 192.168.1.72 for the Echo and the same for a DVR I changed the DVR IP address and hay presto Alexa is singing again. 
 :)

mike27oct

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 08:14:12 pm »
Unplug it for 5 minutes so it can completely reset, then plug it back in and it will likely work fine.

Always try turning it off and back on as a first course of action with most anything.

Flyn_Pony

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 11:17:57 am »
Well I have an echo dot and it used to play everything I asked on the spot. But now recently I plugged it in and asked it to play music. About 2 minutes go by before it does anything and it says can't play music right now. I can ask for time jokes news and stuff like that but no music. I have unplugged replugged with large times in between, I have reconnected to internet, and nothing will work. Please help.

mike27oct

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 12:01:45 pm »
Maybe the Amazon music player is down for a while.  Wait 10 minutes before panicing.

Fog34

Alexa stopped playing music from any source (Prime, iHeart, Pandora, etc.); however she continues to provide Flash briefing, weather, Skill apps, etc.

Alexa understands the command to "Play music Prime ..." and says that she is developing a playlist but no music is ever played.

I have moved the echo location, uninstalled alexa app and readded, unplugged and Alexa still can't find music.  It worked a week ago. Any thoughts?

Has anyone else seen this problem or have suggestions for a fix?

JimmyJim

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 03:24:11 am »
I fixed this buy deregistering and the registering my echo studio.  It also recalibrated the playback of the speaker.

Ocean Azul

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2020, 12:43:51 pm »
I feel so dumb. I had the same problem, except my Echo Plus just refused to play music from SiriusXM. It would play from Spotify if I asked in just the right way, but nothing from Sirius. I even tried it on my other Dot, but it worked fine. I can't believe I didn't think to unplug it. That's usually my first solution. This saved me a ton of frustration.