Echo & Alexa Forums

cant register for unlimited music, other device registered.

Firestarteruk

cant register for unlimited music, other device registered.
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:11:29 am »
Hi,

I just got an echo Plus but have had an echo dot for some time registered to Amazon unlimited music.

I managed to go on to my Amazon music account and disable the Unlimited music so that I could then register the echo plus as you can only have one account.

So my account shows I'm in registered on Amazon on the 27th Dec. Its now the 28th Dec and if I now ask alexa on the Echo plus to subscribe to Amazon music unlimited she says there MAYBE another device already using this service.

How can this be, and is there any advice here. Thx in advance. rich

GA

Re: cant register for unlimited music, other device registered.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:36:41 am »
I am not sure why you re-registered on your new Echo. I have 5 Echos in different locations and I also am a subscriber to Amazon Unlimited. I can play on any device or all devices, using the multi-room function. You don't have to register a device to Unlimited. Once you register your echo under your account it is registered to your unlimited too. However, if you are playing music on one echo and then go to another echo and issue the command to play music, it will let you know that another device is already streaming, and if you want to stream from the device you are currently speaking.
I hope this helps.