Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Plus reconnect to Philip Hue bulb

sbfollows

Echo Plus reconnect to Philip Hue bulb
« on: December 06, 2017, 06:17:59 pm »
I have an Amazon Echo Plus and a Philips Hue single A19 bulb.  In the Alex app, under Smart Home, it lists my devices - the light bulb was listed.  I accidentally pressed 'forget', now Alexa Plus does not see the light bulb.  How do I get Alexa to see the light bulb again?

POAJOAN

Re: Echo Plus reconnect to Philip Hue bulb
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:55:57 pm »
Tell it to search for devices under smart home

Appieland

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:21:47 pm »
Exactly same here. After forgetting echo plus hub will not activate again with hue bulb.  Spent hours with amazon and have a ticket # now. Some folks reset their bulb serial # The alexa app I have does not have a help in the smart home section I am supposed to go to. Can not find hub with hue app either. Bout ready to send it all back.....

tu1kfos1

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 12:37:39 am »
Here is the only way I could get all of my devices to connect again after i tried making some changes and screwed it up..At one time I had 4 Hue bulbs and my thermostat connected.

I went to the Smart Home and clicked each device, 1 at a time. After I clicked the device, I hit Edit in top right, then pressed the trash can to delete the device. After all my devices were deleted, I did a hard reset by pressing a paper clip in the reset hole on the bottom of the Echo plus for 8 seconds. At 8 seconds, a chime is audible to verify reset. Then I did the initial setup again to connect to my wifi. Then from the Smart Home screen I tapped the question mark with a circle around it in the top right corner and scrolled down to RESET PHILLIPS HUE LIGHT. I clicked that and entered the light bulb serial number and pressed continue. It reset my light and was able to discover it. I had to do the same process of resetting and discovering for each bulb.

Now all my bulbs and thermostat work!!

Good luck

Mebejedi

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 02:40:18 am »
I would have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Hue skill.