Echo & Alexa Forums

Several Amazon devices - Understanding Management & Config

scar1

Several Amazon devices - Understanding Management & Config
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:10:25 pm »
Evening

Over the years I have our household has accumulated amazon Alexa enabled devices. 3 x FireStick/TV, Dot, Echo, Echo Plus and a Show. Within our household, we have 2 registered adults, User G & User L.

Since we now have these devices and use on all devices is split between the 2 registered adult users. Example; Echo & FireStick for User L and all the others for User G.

I am trying to understand how the association of each registered adult ID against the devices work, as I currently have an issue with the Echo Plus device. As this seems to be associated with services linked to User L instead of User G. For example when I ask the Echo Plus to play a radio station she responds saying "Playing <name of station> from User L Tunein". When I ask the Echo Show to play a radio station she responds "Playing <name of station> from User G Tunein"

I am also having issues with this device controlling and detecting other smart home devices I have set up. Echo Plus responds saying she cannot detect them, however when I ask the Echo Show this works fine.

It looks like I am missing some fundamentals on setting up devices and managing the registered adult IDs against each device.... (maybe?).

Can anyone offer some general guidance on the setup of devices against one Amazon Account that has 2 Registered Adult IDs (separate Amazon account IDs) and the management of services for the devices? It's unclear if what I am trying to do is possible or not, however, there must be a way.

Help is appreciated
Scar1

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:12:17 pm by scar1 »

Offline kevb

Re: Several Amazon devices - Understanding Management & Config
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:07:08 pm »
It sounds as if the devices are behaving appropriately, if they are indeed setup under 2 Amazon accounts under one Amazon Household. You can ask each device "Who's account is this?", or tell them to "Change to L's account", then switch back. My wife and I used to do this, but now we pretty much just use one account. You might need to set up the smart devices under each account, I'm not sure about that one. Hope this helps you a bit.

scar1

Re: Several Amazon devices - Understanding Management & Config
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 06:10:17 pm »
Thanks @Kevb - Will give that a try.