Echo & Alexa Forums

Seeking help with color change on Aeon ZW098 bulbs connected via Vera

MadManwithaBlueBox

Basically I have at the moment one ZW98 color changing bulb, it is connected to my smart home hub Vera Secure, Alexa skill for Vera connected perfectly, found my devices no problem.

But...

When selecting this device and going into the settings it says all the correct info about manufacturer, model, connected via Vera etc. but under Color Capabilities it says None, even though this is fully capable of being any color I want it to be, including various flashing and rainbow color routines.

Has anyone figured out a solution to make this work with Alexa, aside from doing the time intensive task of creating a device or scene within Vera, for each and every possible color I wish to use and triggering those via Alexa.

I would like to be able to say the lights name and a color just like when turning it on and off, without having to pre-setup the colors I may want to say.

They have full integration it seems for the Philips Hue but why not other color changing bulbs connected via other smart hubs.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

asianrocker

Re: Seeking help with color change on Aeon ZW098 bulbs connected via Vera
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 10:40:47 am »
I don't know how your smart devices work but with phillips hue, the colors are there on alexa app once the bulb was detected. No color loop in either hue and alexa app though, I had to install a 3rd party app which sucks. Attention phillips and Alexa, you should have color loop built in your apps, hello!!!

You did say and you are aware this bulb's color needs to be programmed one by one to show up? That sucks.

Offline kevb

Re: Seeking help with color change on Aeon ZW098 bulbs connected via Vera
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 11:49:12 am »
MadMan, you might want to try asking in the Vera forum- I couldn't find anything via search, but perhaps you could ask there. I have a VeraPlus, but not that bulb, so can't help you out, sorry.

forum.micasaverde.com