Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

unable to connect Alexa to wi fi or iphone

ozbeau

unable to connect Alexa to wi fi or iphone
« on: December 26, 2017, 02:17:46 pm »
so far I'm unable to connect Alexa through my pc to wi fi or to download alexa app to my IPhone 7+   Am I  too far behind the times...? thanks >:(
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:26:18 pm by ozbeau »

Re: unable to connect Alexa to wi fi or iphone
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:19:07 am »
Evidently...

The set up on the Echos is pretty simply done through the App on your phone. iPhone 7 you should be able to find an app for Alexa and download and install it without issue.

I think there is only one app anymore on the Apple App Store, so there shouldn't be any surprises for specific apps. If you are unfamiliar with "how to download and install apps" get on your computer and open a browser (doesn't really matter which. Can be Safari in Mac OS, Whatever they're calling internet explorer nowadays (I think they've started calling it "Edge"), Firefox, Google Chrome... whatever, and type in "how do I download and install apps on iPhone". This will bring you enough tutorials. If not, open YOUTUBE and use the same entry. Lots of ways to learn that part.

Once you have the app, it gets sticky. YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO THE "T", to get the echo set up. Once it has beenset up it may tell you it was unable to complete the setup or something negative... but sometimes it actually sets up anyway, even though it said it didn't. Also, look on YOUTUBE for videos on setting up Amazon Echo. Videos are really much better than anyone on here giving step by steps. and there are MANY how to's for just about everything related to the Echo Product line. Very easy to find and follow videos as well.

Also, as of late, I have found a lot of folks using the 5G in their later model routers... USE the 2.4 ghz network of the router wifi output. if it has an option for both, you should see them clearly right next to one another in the list of wifi networks to join when searching for wifi on your computer, phone, and any other wireless items. I recommend you use the 2.4 for pretty much everything especially for Smart home products, as they often refuse to communicate otherwise. Also Many Smart home products are not able to connect to anything but 2.4 ghz.

2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!