Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

echo using lifx skill set question

echo using lifx skill set question
« on: January 12, 2016, 05:24:36 pm »
just got my echo and I love it... I activated the lifx skill set and have been controlling my lights and it's great.... right now I say "Alexa tell lifx to to on the bedroom lights" if I purchase a smart things hub and integrate lifx with that hub and then turn off the skillet for lifx in the echo will I just be able to say "Alexa turn on the bedroom light" ?  sounds lazy right... but Alexa has problems understand the word "lifx" if I'm not close by. I guess im confused on the native support for things vs skill sets that need activared.

Re: echo using lifx skill set question
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 01:34:42 pm »
just got my echo and I love it... I activated the lifx skill set and have been controlling my lights and it's great.... right now I say "Alexa tell lifx to to on the bedroom lights" if I purchase a smart things hub and integrate lifx with that hub and then turn off the skillet for lifx in the echo will I just be able to say "Alexa turn on the bedroom light" ?  sounds lazy right... but Alexa has problems understand the word "lifx" if I'm not close by. I guess im confused on the native support for things vs skill sets that need activared.
That's how it works with the Hue lights that are paired with my SmartThings hub.  I didn't bother pairing my Hue hub as it was redundant and got a bit confusing.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 04:14:53 pm »

as long as the lifx bulbs are supported by Smartthings.  It appears that there are a few bulbs that are officially supported.  Even if they are not officially supported, they still may work if someone has written a device type for them.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 10:12:56 pm »
same here that word "lifx" "lief-ks" is like speaking German ..