Echo & Alexa Forums

Possible solution to Echo Dot automatically reconnecting to Bluetooth adapter

djfvendor

Whenever I told my Echo Dot, or Echo to "disconnect" from my Logitech bluetooth adapter, it would reply that it disconnected, and then, within a few seconds it would reconnect. I read in a previous post that this was caused by the bluetooth adapter automatically sending a connection request. It was thought that the solution was to power off the bluetooth adapter.  However, I found that if I told the Echo, or Echo Dot, to disconnect a 2nd time, after it reconnected, then it stayed disconnected.  In other words, you have to disconnect twice. Tell it to disconnect, then let it reconnect, then tell it to disconnect again and that seems to be working.

mike27oct

You might also tell Alexe simply "disconnect bluetooth" and it will say OK.  None of my devices connect to it again until I tell the Alexa device to "connect bluetooth"..

Hba8103

djfvendor,

Have you been able to consistently use this method? I attempted last night and it did not work. My echo dot continued to reconnect to the Logitech BT adapter.

Do you have anything else paired to the bluetooth connector? I finally decided to pair my iPhone to the BT adapter. After this, and as long as my phone was there to "run interference" it would disconnect on the second attempt as you suggested. Still a pain in the ass. I've seen where people say another adapter disconnects every time, but the description for that adapter specifically states that it will automatically reconnect. I wonder if it is due to having multiple devices paired.

Any thoughts?