Echo & Alexa Forums

Configuration weirdness with new RM Pro AND RM Mini 3

Donny Bahama

Configuration weirdness with new RM Pro AND RM Mini 3
« on: December 22, 2017, 03:32:25 pm »
Just bought a new RM Pro and RM Mini. Neither one will work. I installed IHC on my iPhone, created a Broadlink account, linked it, etc. When I add either device, it says the device was added successfully - but on the next page "Select an appliance...." it's blank. There's nothing to click and I can't go any further. I've reset each device and tried again multiple times. I've tried different USB power adapters and different cables but the result is always the same. At first I thought the RM Pro was defective but it seems unlikely that both devices are defective. I also tried installing IHC on my iPad (which is running an older version of iOS in case this is yet another iOS 11 problem) - same result.

On the Mini, when it goes to the "Select an appliance..." page, the "appliance" icons show very briefly, but then the page goes blank and it says there's a firmware update. When I try to update the firmware, it says, "Please update the firmware on local network". This has me thinking there's a network issue so...

Network details: I have a TP-Link WIRED router (TL-R470T+) connected to a 24 port Netgear gigabit switch and from there, I have two TP-Link WAPs (TL-WA801N - N300 - 2.4GHz only) -- one at each end of the house. The WAPs (one on channel 3 and the other on 8) are channel bonded but disabling that didn't help.

The next thing I tried was to bypass my current router/WAP setup and temporarily install a crappy old Belkin router. Same exact result on both devices.

Any ideas or suggestions? Has anyone ever encountered anything like this?

MACscr

Re: Configuration weirdness with new RM Pro AND RM Mini 3
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 02:49:18 am »
The alexa skill from broadlink only works with TV's. Do you have any TV's setup in the ihc app? I really wish it worked natively with other devices.

Re: Configuration weirdness with new RM Pro AND RM Mini 3
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 09:14:02 am »
The IHC app from broadlink is very new try using the econtrol app to setup the broadlink devices. Once the Brodlinks are setup you can use the IHC app to learn IR or RF.
The skill for Alexa will only allow controll of IR devices not just a TV. The trick is to tell IHCthe device it is learning is a TV. I can turn on/off all my IR devices via Alexa