Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Device Name not forgotten

ijefferyes

Device Name not forgotten
« on: December 23, 2017, 05:11:35 am »
I have recently add my Sonos devices to my Alexa setup.

But, during the process I wanted to keep the existing Sonos device names e.g. Kitchen and rename my Echo devices.

But, no matter what I have tried (including reset) I cannot get the Alexa devices to completely forget their previous names.

If I ask the echo device it's device name it now says "shelves". But, if I ask Alexa to play music on "kitchen"  it comes out the same device.

Somewhere Amazon must be remembering old device names. I have raised a ticket with Amazon and they have passed it onto their developers.

Is anyone experiencing the same thing and has anyone been able to fix this issue?

asianrocker

Re: Device Name not forgotten
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 07:32:03 am »
LOL, the support does not know how you rename your echo? Or they must be confused how you explain your problem as I am.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 04:00:21 pm »
I am not familiar with sonos so what I say may not apply.  did you check the sonos alexa skill and your sonos account and see what names they are using?

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 05:50:17 pm »
Device name change must be made via Alexa app Settings tab of the device you want to affect; e.g if you have a device named Living Room, you must be in Settings for Living Room device.  If the name is not what you want under device name, change it there.