Echo & Alexa Forums

Looking for suggestions/recommendations of curtain rails

Offline jwlv

Looking for suggestions/recommendations of curtain rails
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:24:16 pm »
I'm looking for some suggestions and/or recommendations on automatic curtain rails/tracks. What I intend to do is to say "Alexa, good morning" and a routine will fire off with some activities including opening the curtains.

I would like to have curtains that can be opened with a remote and also with Alexa. I've looked at some that use a handheld remote and they were priced exceedingly high (up to $600). And they were not compatible with Alexa. That might not be a show stopper though. Because i think I can use an RM Pro to get any RF device to work with Alexa.

So has anyone done this before? I'd love to see a demo video of your setup if you have it!

Drwoodr

Re: Looking for suggestions/recommendations of curtain rails
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:22:18 pm »
Since I ordered a Muse for my truck the other day, I've been getting emails from Indiegogo, and one of them had a link for this, which sound like it might be what you are looking for. It's for blinds, and you mentioned curtains, but it could work depending upon how you open your curtains.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blind-engine-make-a-smart-motorized-blind-gadgets

Offline jwlv

Re: Looking for suggestions/recommendations of curtain rails
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 05:00:03 am »
That Blind Engine is very attractively priced. The demo video says it can be installed in most types of roller blinds & shades. My curtains must be pulled to the side to open. There are no rollers. It still might work if I change to a different type of curtains. I'll keep this company in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.