Echo & Alexa Forums

Adding a user to an echo

AlliO

Adding a user to an echo
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:09:32 pm »
Hi all. I have searched for how to do this and all the directions include steps that are no longer menu options.  We have 3 echoes. My husband set them all up and then added me to the household.  Here is the problem, I can't do anything other than the basics with them bc it says I am not a registered user.  Online instructions include going to settings, then to manage household, this is not an option on the app , if I go to the household menu option it says I can do the kick my hubs out or leave the household.  Some instructions say to select household profile....also not an option on the menu list.  If I click on the echoes individually the only option is to deregister my husband.  Finally I decided to deregister him on one and register one to me.  Well, that did not help.  For example, multiroom music, I can only add the one echo I am registered to to a group.  Not really multiroom.....   plus now my husband's multiroom music can't play on the one registered to me.  Before when they were registered all to him he could say play xyz everywhere and it did, but if I asked when he was not home it told me it couldn't find anything called everywhere.  Additionally Alexa knows it is me, but tells me I am on my husband's account and when I say to switch account to mine it says it can't.  I am so confused.  Even on amazon.com when I pull up my devices I can't add him as a user and vice versa.  Any help? 

Snakeyes

Re: Adding a user to an echo
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 07:27:49 am »
Have you set up Voice Profiles? If so, delete both. That might fix the problem.

AlliO

Re: Adding a user to an echo
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:41:46 pm »
Anyone?