Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Dot not finding Harmony Activity

OneTrak

Alexa Dot not finding Harmony Activity
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:34:46 am »
I have setup an activity in my Harmony to "Turn on Receiver",works in the app but when I ask Alexa to "Turn on Receiver" she says she cannot find that activity.
Any help will be appreciated.
TIA

Re: Alexa Dot not finding Harmony Activity
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:17:09 am »
I have setup an activity in my Harmony to "Turn on Receiver",works in the app but when I ask Alexa to "Turn on Receiver" she says she cannot find that activity.
Any help will be appreciated.
TIA
Use the command "Alexa, 'Start' Turn on receiver"... see if that makes it kick in... Eventually you will figure out how to name things so they make sense to everyone who may command them... or oyu can name them things NO ONE but you will know what to do with, just to wear on their nerves... LOL. It's what you're asking for that is the problem, and what you named it. They MUST agree to get the desired results.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

OneTrak

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 04:07:18 pm »
I will give that a try when I get home tonight..Thanks for the input

Drwoodr

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 05:09:59 pm »

When you say "works in the app", which app, Harmony or Alexa? I assume Harmony. After you create the activity, does it show up in the Alexa app under Smart Home/Scenes? Did you refresh the Alexa app using Discover Scenes? If none of that works, disable the Harmony skill and then enable it again. I find that my channel channel changes don't show up until I do this.