Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo show says Offline even though it's connected to my network

beemarman

Echo show says Offline even though it's connected to my network
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:42:13 am »
Hi,
I have an issue where my new Echo Show connects to the Internet, but it's saying Offline in the alexa app.

I have reset the device enough times, but it still saying offline in the app. I even bought another Echo Show and still get the same problem.

I already have two other echo's that works fine in my home. it's just the Echo Show that I'm having issue's with.

As I've tried it with 2 different Echo Show's and getting the same Offline issue, am wondering if it could network related?
Has anyone come across this before?
Modify message

codball

Re: Echo show says Offline even though it's connected to my network
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 06:35:32 am »
Hey beerarman,

I've got the same problem from 2 Echo Shows I bought over Christmas, they've been tried with 2 established accounts, 2 internet connections and over two devices.

However, I've recently created a brand new Amazon account, factory reset the Show and logged into both the Echo and the Alexa app with the new details. This looks to have work OK and the Echo Show is now online within the app (I can also link Spotify to it).

So, it looks like the problem is to do with an Amazon account - sadly it doesn't look like it's a common issue and when I called support they told me one person has complained about it and it's being "looked into". I'm going to ask Amazon to merge my two accounts if possible to see if that works.

Might be worth giving a shot for you too.

James

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 03:22:55 pm »
Hi,

just bought an Echo Show and I have exactly the same problem : Showing off line, connected and working but my spotify account, IFTT and google account are not working on the echo show (but still working on the same account with my previous Echo.
I'm reluctant to create a new account since I will have to reset all the skills etc...
 I tried to reset several times but still not working..

rogercruse

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 02:08:33 pm »
Me too.

My Echo Show is also showing as Offline when viewed via Amazon Alexa. It responds - that is, the display goes blue at the bottom to show that its listening - but doesn't acknowledge or do anything.

Mt Echo Plus shows up as Online and is still working.

Looking for options and advice.

rogercruse

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 06:47:09 pm »
Me too.

My Echo Show is also showing as Offline when viewed via Amazon Alexa. It responds - that is, the display goes blue at the bottom to show that its listening - but doesn't acknowledge or do anything.

Mt Echo Plus shows up as Online and is still working.

Looking for options and advice.

Interesting... discovered that there is alexa.amazon.com and alexa.amazon.com.au

I live in New Zealand where the Echo isn't available yet, so I originally purchased both Echo devices from amazon.com and had them shipped to NZ.

Amazon have since launched amazon.com.au and the and are slowing extending the product range (to include Echo products) and extending the footprint of the store to include New Zealand.

Checking the alexa.amazon.com both products are 'offline'. But on alexa.amazon.com.au both products are 'online'.

So, just have to find the right combination of languages English(US), English(UK) and English(Australian) to get them to the Echo Show to work again.   The Echo Plus has continued to working without issue.