Echo & Alexa Forums

ooma phone

pamlove

ooma phone
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:51:33 pm »
I enabled the skill, logged into to the ooma website  but Alexa doesn't understand my request.  Anyone else tried yet?

georgetoon

Re: ooma phone
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:10:51 am »
Hi!  I found this forum while looking for information regarding the Ooma skill.:) 

I'm trying to enable the skill but I don't have an OOma account.  What happens if I enter my cell phone number to get the skill?  Does it create an Ooma account for that number and now all my calls are rerouted through Ooma somehow?  I'd like ot use it, but thinking perhaps I should use a new number. 

I disconnected my landline a few years back, otherwise, I'd just use that number. 

Halman707

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 08:36:24 pm »
I have an account with Ooma and calling by number works perfectly but, the Alexa Ooma skill set mentions that you may use a nickname like calling “mom”. It implies that you may train it to assign a name to a number. If so how is this accomplished? 
Because of my limited vision and the difficulty of seeing the phone keypad I find this skill set very useful.  Until Ooma and Amazon can together create a capability to have two way voice communications this does work for me.

Kamakzie

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 11:48:31 pm »
I kind of found the skill to be useless. I was really hoping I can make phone calls so I can use Echo as a speakerphone.

adabob

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 02:34:04 am »
Alexa asks for "Nick names" however online at Ooma under contacts there is no such thing as "nick names" just "first name", last name and display as. I assume the nick name must be changed in Ooma online?Or?