Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo making musical notes... for no apparent reason(?)

DParker

Re: Echo making musical notes... for no apparent reason(?)
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:16 am »
DParker, as I have a background in electronics training and repair far back in my past that was a full year of ET school, 5 days a week of nothing but electronics, pertaining to things like radio, radar, computers and their logic circuits etc, and then repairing the darn things for another 5+ years,its not fair for me to get into a discussion any deeper than my previous comments.

Look, I'm not interested in getting into a urinary Olympiad over anything.  I'm just trying to have a useful technical discussion here.  But don't insult me and everyone else reading this with that, "I'm so incredibly knowledgable about this that I can't be bothered to explain what I'm saying" routine after you've made nonsensical statements that cast great doubt on your claims of expertise.  Especially if you're going to follow with more such comments, like...

There is a difference between Wi-Fi (i.e radio) for routers and Wi-Fi (radio) for BT, but let's just drop further discussion.  We both have better things to do.

WiFi for Bluetooth?  That's like saying, "Beef for chicken".

And, the problem with BT interfering with Echo is because in many cases someone DID forgot the BT of some device was still on.  So good for you; like me, you turn off BT when not using it, but, nevertheless, we both can forget it is on once in a while and cause our self a problem.

Except that's not going to happen unless you're using an app to play music or something.  Simply leaving your phone/tablet BT radio on doesn't result in spontaneous connections and transmissions of random audio data.

Parsnips

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 04:02:01 pm »
Glad to know power cycling fixed the problem you were having.

DParker, as I have a background in electronics training and repair far back in my past that was a full year of ET school, 5 days a week of nothing but electronics, pertaining to things like radio, radar, computers and their logic circuits etc, and then repairing the darn things for another 5+ years,its not fair for me to get into a discussion any deeper than my previous comments.  There is a difference between Wi-Fi (i.e radio) for routers and Wi-Fi (radio) for BT, but let's just drop further discussion.  We both have better things to do.

And, the problem with BT interfering with Echo is because in many cases someone DID forgot the BT of some device was still on.  So good for you; like me, you turn off BT when not using it, but, nevertheless, we both can forget it is on once in a while and cause our self a problem.

As we say in IT support it's "When in Doot, Reboot".  You have to say it with a Scotts accent to make it work though.

mike27oct

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 04:32:43 pm »
 "Simply leaving your phone/tablet BT radio on doesn't result in spontaneous connections and transmissions of random audio data." 

It can, and there are instances reported here of PC BT being left on causing Alexa to speak. 

Parker, I do not want to discuss the technicalities of radio waves, microwaves, Wi-Fi waves, residual microwave radiation still mucking around in the Universe since the Big Bang, or even ocean waves, in an Echo forum; plain and simple.  I made a comment, you made a comment, so let's move on so we can assist people get the most from their Echo products in the most simplest terms.

mike27oct

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 07:14:20 pm »
Parker, here is a reply to the comments below:
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS429US429&q=bluetooth+vs+wifi

Quote from: mike27oct on March 28, 2016, 11:19:13 pm

There is a difference between Wi-Fi (i.e radio) for routers and Wi-Fi (radio) for BT, but let's just drop further discussion.  We both have better things to do.

WiFi for Bluetooth?  That's like saying, "Beef for chicken".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:17:49 pm by mike27oct »

DParker

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:59 pm »
Parker, I do not want to discuss the technicalities of radio waves, microwaves, Wi-Fi waves, residual microwave radiation still mucking around in the Universe since the Big Bang, or even ocean waves, in an Echo forum; plain and simple.  I made a comment, you made a comment, so let's move on so we can assist people get the most from their Echo products in the most simplest terms.

Uh huh.  "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!  I am the great and powerful Oz!!"

But wait...you're not moving on...

Parker, here is a reply to the comments below:
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS429US429&q=bluetooth+vs+wifi

Uh...and....?  There's nothing in any of those search result links that supports anything you've said, nor contradicts anything I've said.  If your goal was to demonstrate that you know how to do a Google search, congratulations.  But if you think you've shown that you had any idea what you were talking about with nonsensical comments like "Wi-Fi for Bluetooth l", "pure radio waves" vs "audio signals" with Bluetooth, etc....well, I'm sorry to report that your effort was considerably less than successful.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:45:17 pm by DParker »