Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and I have fallen out ......

uk1

Alexa and I have fallen out ......
« on: December 15, 2017, 04:34:55 pm »
 ;)

Only had it for a day.  At first it understood exactly what Tunein stations I wanted ..... but then it started playing with me and now refuses completely.

All I want  is to be able to say is "Alexa, play Radio Preset one ..... " and bring up a preset station. I'm suprised it isn't there.

Re: Alexa and I have fallen out ......
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 04:38:57 pm »
if you only had it a day, it could be updating. 

uk1

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 04:51:39 pm »
Updating from understanding me .... to not!  ;D

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:30:00 pm »
;)

Only had it for a day.  At first it understood exactly what Tunein stations I wanted ..... but then it started playing with me and now refuses completely.

All I want  is to be able to say is "Alexa, play Radio Preset one ..... " and bring up a preset station. I'm suprised it isn't there.

Are you using that exact language i.e. Alexa play radio preset one?  If so,  I don't think that will will work.  I have to set them up under local radio stations, and then say "Alexa play CKNW 980 on Tune In radio." 

Beetle-Snake

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 11:20:48 am »
;)

I get that sometimes also but saying word "station" before the name of the station works for me

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 10:52:53 am »
Well I just found out Spotify has those preset stations. You have to have Spotify premium though. I also don't know if genuine echo has that feature. I was watching this vid for my fake alexa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12WvZ7Hzeo

That's how I found it.  For those wanting  preset stations, it will cost you, LOL. Yap rewatched it, it's using the ilive app not the alexa app. So I can say alexa app don't have that  preset stations feature then.

Another WTF for genuine alexa product. Your software sucks.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:57:51 am by asianrocker »

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 11:09:47 am »
Well I just found out Spotify has those preset stations. You have to have Spotify premium though. I also don't know if genuine echo has that feature. I was watching this vid for my fake alexa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12WvZ7Hzeo

That's how I found it.  For those wanting  preset stations, it will cost you, LOL. Yap rewatched it, it's using the ilive app not the alexa app. So I can say alexa app don't have that  preset stations feature then.

Another WTF for genuine alexa product. Your software sucks.

alexa is starting to get expensive...if you want all the features

Mebejedi

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:58:11 am »
Don't blame Alexa for this fee. Spotify's fees are completely separate. Alexa is simply giving you voice access to a Spotify service.