Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Skills

Skills
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:07:33 pm »
Hello I love my echo,  we got one for this Christmas and I have a question about skills.

So i enabled some skills like a half a hour ago and none am too be working.  Is there a time limit?

Re: Skills
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:33:04 am »
make sure you know how to activate a skill... there are usually specific phrase needed to use them.

Which ones are you having problems with?  It should be instant when you enable them.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:55:26 pm »
The 7 minute workout one.  I went into the Alexa app and enabled it.  Here is a question that could help with a answer to my first one.  The echo is registered to me and my amazon account and I can control everything from my app.  It's using my girlfriends prime account (amazon home profile or whatever)  would that be affecting it) .  Like everytime I use the app I can see everything we have asked Alexa to do. 

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:17:25 pm »
I do know that you can have multiple profiles linked to the echo.  Make sure you are using your own profile/account when trying to get alexa to start seven min workout.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 03:59:39 pm »
Okay I'll try that thanks cause I think it's linked to her profile for the music since she had the funds to get prime.