Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Web Interface (or App Interface) control with Alexa?

Web Interface (or App Interface) control with Alexa?
« on: December 12, 2017, 03:05:12 pm »
So I have managed to create workarounds for almost all my devices (mostly through IFTTT and webhooks) or through some Tasker plugins, but this ...

My washing machine and Microwave are Candy - they use an App called Candy simply-fi that is really weird. Do you think there is a way I can somehow introduce that to Alexa? I have thought of many things but haven't achieved a solution yet...

My heating radiators are using an awful web interface based on a Raspberry Pi that I can't do anything with (not allowed to...). I am a Web Developer and I've thought of creating a simple API that logs into this website and clicks the "On/Off" or temperature sliders and connect that to Alexa via webhooks on IFTTT.

Do you have any suggestions? :) I am open to give more information if someone wishes to help me on that project because I've ran out of ideas :)

Re: Web Interface (or App Interface) control with Alexa?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:21:50 am »
I havenít done it myself but Iím told that you can use Home Assistant to setup unique links for every action. (I.e. On separate from Off.)

Home Assistant is open source, well-supported, very powerful and runs on a Raspberry Pi.

Re: Web Interface (or App Interface) control with Alexa?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:13:39 pm »
You might look at using the smartthings cloud https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
or HA-Bridge https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge
no physical hub is required for either.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:33:40 pm by tuicemen »