Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Cannot reconnect to Bluetooth device

bimfi

Cannot reconnect to Bluetooth device
« on: January 03, 2018, 01:06:32 am »
Not sure if this has been discussed before. Sorry if it has. I purchased the echo Dot recently and everything seemed to setup properly. I am using in my bedroom, while my larger Echo is downstairs. I even paired it with my Bose SoundTouch 10. Last night I noticed that the soundtouch was not ready to use. I asked “Dot” (my upstairs echo) to pair and she said that there was no device to pair with. I checked everything on the Bose speaker but couldn’t find any problems. Dot would not even pair with my iPhone. She keeps on saying “sorry, there was a problem entering pairing mode” every time I try to pair with any device. I’m trying to find a way to fix the problem of pairing, but the only thing I can think of is resetting the Dot. Will doing so reset it back to factory? I’m hoping that there is an easy fix and that this happens a lot, but... I’m not banking on it

bimfi

Re: Cannot reconnect to Bluetooth device
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:54:06 am »
Well, I did some searching and decided to try to restart rather than reset the Dot. As soon as I restarted, it automatically connected with the Bose BT speaker. All is well in the world 😉 now!

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 01:41:36 pm »
Resetting likely was not necessary.  Simply unplugging alexa device for five minutes could have cleared things up.

bimfi

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:03:37 pm »
Which is exactly what I did. I unplugged it for 30 seconds and it reconnected to my BT speaker. BTY, I searched for the "sorry, there was a problem entering pairing mode" on the internet and nowhere did I find the restart/unplug echo remedy anywhere. Why is this a well kept secret? It should be the number one fix and EVERYONE that owns an Echo should know this. Enough said...