Echo & Alexa Forums

Poll

How long did it take for you to receive the invitation to buy an Amazon Echo?

Less than 2 weeks
8 (21.1%)
2 weeks to 1 month
4 (10.5%)
1 to 2 months
15 (39.5%)
2+ months
8 (21.1%)
Didn't get invitation, still waiting
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 5

How long did it take for you to receive the inviation to buy an Amazon Echo?

Offline jwlv

Please share how long you waited for your invitation to  buy the Amazon Echo.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:49:18 pm by jwlv »

vegasguy

I requested an invite on the first day it was available.  I still haven't gotten anything. I am thinking about just buying one from Ebay.

alot2do

A full two months. I was surprised it took that long. It will not arrive until end of May through July.

reesah

I chose 1 - 2 months in the poll, but it was actually slightly more than 2 months, though not 3 months either.  I requested on the first day it appeared on the Amazon site.

Offline jwlv

I chose 1 - 2 months in the poll, but it was actually slightly more than 2 months, though not 3 months either.  I requested on the first day it appeared on the Amazon site.

Oops, my fault! I've changed it to "2+ months" now :)

mprh

I requested an invite in December, but luckily on 1/8, I noticed that I could purchase the Echo on line with the prime discount. My date of delivery was 2/23 since upgraded to 2/17 with free 1 day delivery.
I finally received the invitation on 1/9.

Offline jwlv

My delivery date has been moved up!

I ordered on Jan 9, the initial delivery date was Feb 23. When I logged in today, the delivery date is now Feb 18.

Asyd

Ordered the first day invites were available in late November and received the invite the 2nd week of December and got my Echo 2-days before Christmas -- I was pretty lucky.

sarlen

Requested an invite April 7th, got the email on April 20th (did not get the $99 price). I waited 2 whole days before I broke down and got one on ebay and love it. I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon and it says July 8th for a delivery date..

ScarlettPhoenix

My first Echo was: invite in late September, ordered in November and received December 3rd.
Second Echo: invite in January-never got a response but the order page came up February 3rd. Delivery status is late June, early July.
Third Echo: Ordered the day before the price went up and delivery is set for late July, early August.

alot2do

Scarlet, did you say September?

ScarlettPhoenix

I thought it was September. It might have been early October.
I'm a redhead. That's artificial intelligence for blondes...   ;D

heapmaster

I requested an invitation back in early Feb and got the invite email a week or so later.

Offline jwlv

My first Echo was: invite in late September, ordered in November and received December 3rd.
Second Echo: invite in January-never got a response but the order page came up February 3rd. Delivery status is late June, early July.
Third Echo: Ordered the day before the price went up and delivery is set for late July, early August.

Did you order each Echo on a different account? When I asked an Amazon rep a few months ago, they said only one per customer. I have two because I bought one off Ebay.  I definitely want to get another one for my office.

ScarlettPhoenix

Yup. I'm a Prime member and when the price dropped, I signed my hubby up. I talked him into ordering one. And, my daughter is a Prime member. I asked her to order one as well (as long as I paid for it-LOL!!).

At this time, I can understand why they want to limit the number of units. It would be a chaotic free for all if everyone were able to order as many as they wanted. I really don't think they (Amazon) are sure of how the units react with each other.