Echo & Alexa Forums

Poll

How long did it take for you to receive the invitation to buy an Amazon Echo?

Less than 2 weeks
8 (21.1%)
2 weeks to 1 month
4 (10.5%)
1 to 2 months
15 (39.5%)
2+ months
8 (21.1%)
Didn't get invitation, still waiting
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 5

How long did it take for you to receive the inviation to buy an Amazon Echo?

gadgetgal488

For those still waiting for your Echo try this trick -- go to your order and change your delivery time. I had a July 13 delivery date. I changed to 1 day delivery today and got a delivery date of June 25. Then I changed it back to free 2 day and my delivery date is June 26.

Talisman

Strange but I did it and left it. Thanks for the tip :)

BeesKnees

3 weeks.  Ordered in February and it arrived 5 days before the expected delivery date in May.

Yeah, I am not going to answer verification questions after every post.

BeesKnees

Never mind.  I see it was a one time deal.  No edit though?

ScarlettPhoenix

For those still waiting for your Echo try this trick -- go to your order and change your delivery time. I had a July 13 delivery date. I changed to 1 day delivery today and got a delivery date of June 25. Then I changed it back to free 2 day and my delivery date is June 26.

Amazon caught on to the glitch. They moved everyone's delivery back to the original dates. If yours slipped through, good for you but I think they caught everyone's or most of us, mine included.

Talisman

Mines Still June 25! :)

ScarlettPhoenix

I hope it works out for you. I actually tried to do the same with my 3rd (daughter's) recent order. Not only didn't it move the date any closer but it didn't even accept the shipping upgrade. This is the message I receive:
Important Message
We're sorry. An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Please try again in a few minutes.

Well- that few minutes turned into two days. I seriously don't think there's a problem. I think they don't want people who have previously ordered to 'jump the line'. MHO

Talisman

Yes still have the June 25 date.. I hope it doesn't change but who knows for sure.

Talisman

Mine was shipped out today and I will receive it June 23! yes I am excited!

Monty

I waited almost 3 months for my invite! I wanted to get one for my grandson, and looking at the options decided to just go with one off eBay and bypass Prime membership for now.

ScarlettPhoenix

The only problem with that is if you have to return it or have it serviced by Amazon, they will want the original purchaser to do all those transactions. Maybe it will work out for you but I've always lived by "Caveat Emptor"-let the buyer beware.